Okay, hold your horses because this coffee banana smoothie recipe is going to blow your mind. And I mean that in a good way.
This coffee smoothie is so good. I’m still surprised that I never actually made one of these in the past. Plus, using Javy’s micro-dose coffee concentrate as a substitute for brewed coffee just makes it even way better.
If you are like me and you’re always on the go and need something healthy to fill you up but also good enough to keep you alert, then I recommend giving this recipe a go! You get the best of both worlds by having a smoothie and a cup of coffee all in one cup.
Ingredients for coffee banana smoothie:
- Frozen Banana: It would not be called a coffee banana smoothie without bananas. Thus for this recipe, you would need to freeze your bananas. The bananas need to be ripe, but not overripe, so the taste doesn’t overpower the other ingredients.
- Almond milk: This helps to give the smoothie a nice milky and even consistency. Plus, it’s also good to add if you don’t have a high powered blender.
- Javy Microdose Coffee Concentrate: I prefer to use this concentrate over regular brewed coffee because it’s not too strong in taste and it helps me spend less time in the kitchen. 1 tablespoon goes a long way, making this a great substitute to making brewed coffee. Use code: ELEANORSDISH to save some $$$ (affiliate).
- Flaxseed: Flaxseeds are really good for you. Wanna know why? Then read this article. But in all honesty, the presence of flaxseeds in this recipe makes the smoothie thicker, that way you feel full much quickly.
- Cinnamon: For some nice flavor.
- Vanilla extract: Honestly, adding vanilla gives this recipe a Starbucks white chocolate mocha kinda vibe. And to be honest, I was pretty impressed by it.
- Cocoa powder: For some extra chocolatey taste and color.
- Ice (optional): If you want your smoothie to be really chilled then you can add some ice. But this is completely optional.
To prepare this recipe, you simply start by adding all your ingredients into a blender and blending until you achieve an even consistency. And viola, you’re done.
It’s that simple. Even a two year old can do it.
If you want to take this recipe to another high level, then I recommend adding some strawberries or blueberries and blending it in. You can also top it off with whipped cream for some extra milky taste.
Overall, I’m very sure you would be impressed with this recipe. Thus, let me know in the comments if you give it a try.
Coffee Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 banana - frozen
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp Javy Microdose Coffee Concentrate
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flaxseed - ground
- ½ cup Ice - optional
- Add in all your ingredients in a blender and blend until you achieve a smooth even consistency.
- Top with whipped cream(optional) and serve!